Location: Dalhart Texas
Job Summary: The Packaging Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing and supporting the daily duties of the potato packaging warehouse composed of 150 employees. This includes assuring potatoes are washed, sorted and packaged in accordance to company standards from a personal and food safety aspect.
Reports to: Senior Management
- Bi-lingual skills (Spanish) – Must be able to speak, read, and write.
- Computer skills- Must be proficient in word, excel, and able to navigate a user interface.
- Leadership skills – Must be able and willing to coach, mentor, and develop team members.
- Time management – Must be able to project and execute tasks with the ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast- paced environment.
- Communication skills- Must have strong communication skills verbal, written, and listening.
- Problem solving – Must demonstrate ability to identify problems and troubleshoot for resolutions.
- HACCP / Food Safety skills – Preferred 2 years
- Production / Manufacturing skills – Preferred 2 years
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compose daily report of work completed and barriers with resolutions.
- Create and publish projected work schedules in a daily, weekly and monthly range.
- Assure work preparations are completed in advance to operate efficiently and reduce down time.
- Promote and practice company quality standards.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to continuous improvement projects.
- Assure preventative maintenance on equipment is being completed.
- Understand machine and equipment manuals and user guides.
- Understand, teach and follow company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate Standard Operating Procedure revisions to team members and assure they follow them.
- Will learn and teach new equipment technologies.
- All duties assigned by Senior Manager in accordance to company standards.
- Conduct reviews and salary adjustments of direct reporting employees.
- Coach, mentor, and develop direct reporting employees.
- Meet customer order requirements and deadlines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.